Monday, February 27, 2012

The glorious midterm:)

I have progressed through my student teaching journey and I am proud to say that I have made it more than halfway through! My host teacher and clinical supervisor completed the midterm evaluation on me last week and I was excited to hear that I passed with flying colors. It was wonderful to receive the feedback on my performance as a teacher so far, and they are both just SO encouraging and helpful!

It is wonderful to have two people who are looking to help me succeed and grow as a teacher, and that are willing to help me achieve the highest and best. I was evaluated on all aspects of teaching, anywhere from my dress and hygiene, to management skills and, professional problem solving skills. Both gave me the highest scores possible and wrote comments about my promising future as an early childhood professional.

After many late nights, billions of lesson plans (I know, a bit exaggerated on the number), and too many sticky notes to count, I put the midterm behind me and most of my student teaching. I now have only 1 month left! I will say I am excited to be nearing the completion of this journey, but then sad at the same time to EVER have to leave my precious students! I will miss them all...even those that, at times, are "little joys." ;)

Spending Valentines Day with Kindergarteners and first graders was one of the most eventful things I have ever endured or experienced lol.

I couldn't believe what a hype it brought to the classroom. I also cannot begin to put into words how my heart felt after getting 25 little valentines from little ones who can't even afford food or proper winter clothes, let alone valentines and candy for their teacher. I treasure each of their little cards that were lovingly decorated with transformers and princesses. ;)

On an ending note, I have fully taken over all aspects of the classroom and my teacher has abandoned me. Lol jk, she has left me to experience being a teacher to the fullest and I am embracing it! Since we are nearing the end of the 3rd quarter (YIKES!) there is countless testing that needs to be done and I am having a go at it.

And I just found out that I will be allowed to video myself teaching! I am so excited to be able to watch it and learn from it. 

Quote of the week:
Shane: Mrs. Lee....(with a serious expression) am I looking sharp today?
Me: (trying not to laugh) oooo yes shane, very sharp.

1 comment:

  1. Javascript is one of the most widely used web development languages so let's drop some javascript questions.

    ReplyDelete