Monday, January 23, 2012

C is for Classroom

And STILL enjoying being in the classroom. :) 

I will admit however, that Monday mornings are trying, and it's hard to get going in the rhythm of things again lol. But as soon as those little faces greet me at the door there isn't time to be tired anymore! It's hello Mrs. Lee and lots of hello's and hugs to start the day!

Last week we had some struggles for Mr. Seimers in art class (putting away our materials) and they didn't get 5 crowns. :( Up until last week we were the only Kindergarten class to get 5 crowns and heaven forbid we NOT get 5 crowns this week. So thankfully the kids picked up the slack and put it together and lo and behold ....5 crowns today! ;) It's amazing how much the concept of "getting-five-crowns-on-the-board" will motivate them to do a good job.

TOMORROW!!! Ah! This is my first observation by my clinical supervisor. She will observe me teach my reading block to 25 Kindergarten students from not only my classroom but two other classes. I am eager to see how it goes and I already know that my clinical supervisor is extremely nice and is there to help me succeed and that is what counts! I just have to will myself to not be nervous. However, one can't help being a little more self conscious when they are being watched by someone who is sitting in the back taking notes on all you do lol.

Night all... I have some more lesson planning to accomplish and then it's off to bed for me. (ahhh I can't wait for bed) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment