Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Journey Begins

I have awaited this time for over 4 years. It is finally here and I am all excitement! All my learning, all the coaching, teaching, mentoring, observing, and lesson planning, had made me finally ready to be in the classroom!

I have less than a week before I start my student teaching. It's THIS Thursday! How did it sneak up so fast? I can honestly say that I'm freaking out a little bit from nervousness, but MOSTLY, I am just ready to start and ready to learn and experience all that I can. I have a lot to learn from my host teacher and the 8 little first graders and 13 kindergarteners!

I have heard from many educators and fellow student teachers, that the host teacher makes or breaks your experience student teaching so I was naturally nervous about meeting her. My nervousness was quickly put to rest once I met her and the principal and realized that they were both GREAT people and that we got along really well. I EVEN have a host teacher that was willing to take me out and buy me a coffee just to get to know me and answer all my questions! Now, I would say I am already pretty lucky to be on such a good start.

My degree will be in Early Childhood Education which means that I have to student teach in a Kindergarten class and a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd as well. I fortunately was placed in a K-1 classroom and will be able to remain with that one class and teacher for the full time!

My first day in the classroom will be Jan. 5th. Tuesday I will be attending a teachers seminar with all the teachers in the school and will also attend the teachers work day on Wednesday.

I will admit that I have been just a "LITTLE" bit excited about all planning and organizing that needed to take place before I start. I have bought myself not only planners and calendars but I got my new 31 Teaching bag!

I actually got a different pattern and monogrammed--Mrs. Lee--- on it!  



I will not disclose any information about the school I am at or the names of who I work with but I will be looking forward to keeping this journey documented and being able to share with others my passion for teaching!

I thank my family, my God, my teachers, and my husband for ALL being there for me and for supporting me all the way! I couldn't have made it to this place without them all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SOOOO excited for you! You always were a teacher at heart. Your kids are gonna feel so loved by you. It's an incredible, incredible privilege to have that kind of influence on those little hearts. Love your blog--the design is so fun. Looking forward to following along on this journey with you. Sending so much love!

    ReplyDelete