Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thinking Maps Teacher Training!

A packet from my Host Teacher!
The Starbucks card was very sweet of her;) 

The thinking maps training was today and was the first time I got to meet all the other teachers in the building.  The training was from 12-3 and we basically had a seminar on thinking maps. We took notes, and got into groups and did group exercises that will all be applicable to teaching. It was interesting for me to attend one of these for the first time and see how all the teachers and faculty interacted together. I did my part and stayed close to my host teacher and tried not to be in the way and actually learned some useful ideas along the way!
Tomorrow is a teacher work day and I will be going in and helping get the classroom in order. 

Until then I have some student's names to learn! My teacher printed out their pictures along with their names and I will try and put some names with faces before I see them day after tomorrow:) 

In other news, I turned our side bedroom (that is more like an over-sized walk-in closet) , that wasn't being used, into my study/planning nook. I have a comfy chair, some candles, a table, some shelves, lamps, etc. and will retreat my hideout each day after work probably. I already am falling in love with it;)

My next entry will probably be on how my first day goes...Can't wait!



1 comment:

  1. I am a Thinking Maps devotee! You will love using them in your future classroom :) Good luck on your first day :)

    Lisa :) (new follower)
    Made in the Shade in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete